RESEARCH CONTRACT: SARS-COV-2 BIOINFORMATICS
- Workplace: Phylogenomics Lab, CINBIO, Universidade de Vigo, Spain
- Duration: 12 months starting Sept-Oct
- Gross remuneration: 16,000-25,000 euros per year depending on qualifications
TASKS TO BE PERFORMED
- Bioinformatic analysis of SARS-CoV-2 genomes
- Experience in the analysis of next-generation sequencing data
- University degree of master or doctorate
- Medium-high English level
MERITS TO VALUE
- Bioinformatics knowledge
- Background in viral evolution
- Script programming
- Supercomputing capabilities
- Until August 7
- to David Posada (email@example.com), with “bioinfo epicovigal” in the subject of the email.
- CV (1-3 pages)
- motivation letter (1 page)
- contact details of two references
Check my new simulator CellCoal for the coalescent simulation of single-cell sequencing genotypes. CellCoal simulates the history of single-cell samples obtained from somatic cell populations with different demographic histories and produces single-nucleotide variants under a variety of mutation models, sequencing read counts, and genotype likelihoods, considering allelic imbalance, allelic dropout, amplification, and sequencing errors, typical of this type of data.
The Stamatakis lab as taken over the Modeltest series! check Modeltest-NG. ModelTest-NG is much faster than jModelTest and ProtTest but equally accurate and introduces new features, such as ascertainment bias correction, mixture, and free-rate models, or the automatic processing of single partitions.
We have published a new paper in Nature Communications where we show how statistical phylogenetics can help to understand tumoral dynamics over time and space:
We have been awarded an excellence 3-year structural grant for research groups from the Galician government.
So now our GXB group has been stamped as Competitive Reference Group.
We want to thank Xunta de Galicia for this support
Congratulations to Nuria for passing with honors her Ph.D. viva!
Monica Valecha (India) and Fabián Crespo (Cuba/Ecuador) just arrived to start as PhD students in the CONTRA Marie Curie Innovative Training Network on Computational Oncology. They are going to work on different aspects of cancer evolution.
Welcome to the lab!.
Now we have people from three continents!
Posted in Lab, People
Congratulations to Merly for her PhD awarded today on NGS phylogenomics! You’ve been a GREAT student. Good luck for your postdoc at UC Santa Cruz. We’ll miss you…