Postdoctoral position in NGS cancer evolution
University of Vigo, Spain – October, 2014
DESCRIPTION: A postdoctoral position is available within the European Research Council project PHYLOCANCER to work on cancer evolution in David Posada’s lab at the University of Vigo, Spain (http://darwin.uvigo.es).
JOB CONDITIONS: Initial appointments will be made for one year, with a possible extension to up to four years. Gross annual salary including benefits will be around 25,000-30,000 Euros, commensurate with experience. Starting date is negotiable.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Candidates should have a PhD degree and ample, demonstrable experience with NGS data analysis, in particular variant calling. Candidates without a strong NGS background will not be evaluated.
DESIRABLE REQUIREMENTS: Background in evolutionary/cancer genomics, programming abilities and/or statistical skills.
APPLICATION: Please send a letter of interest, C.V., and the names and contact details of two referees to David Posada at firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating “postdoctoral position phylocancer” in the subject of the email. Questions and requests for more information should be directed at the same address. Review of applications will begin immediately, and continue until the positions are filled.
- NGS coverage and evolutionary inferences from single-cells April 17, 2018
- NGSphy: phylogenomic simulation of next-generation sequencing data March 12, 2018
- Substitution Rates Predicted by Stability-Constrained Models of Protein Evolution Are Not Consistent with Empirical Data March 3, 2018
- Whole-genome assembly of the coral reef Pearlscale Pygmy Angelfish February 1, 2018
- Two open PhD positions in computational cancer evolution! January 8, 2018
tagcloudcabo verde cancer cancer evolution cape verde conus deep coalescence duplication and loss forensic genetics gene duplication and loss gene family gene tree genome grants HIV-1 homology categories horizontal gene transfer jobs lab locus tree marine genomics models modeltest NGS phd phylocancer phylogeography postdoc postdocs protein evolution reconciliation simulation single-cell species tree species trees supertree virus evolution